Monday, June 28, 2010

Reasons I shouldn't write!

Reasons I Shouldn’t Write

1. It is boring.
2. I could be doing something fun.
3. It is summer.
4. It is beautiful outside.
5. When my parents were kids they didn’t have to write in the summer.
6. I could be just relaxing.
7. My friends don’t have to write.
8. Writing is for the school year.
9. It takes a long time.
10. I only can write true statements. (This is not true.)
11. I could be playing with my friends.
12. It is making me have low points in my summer.
13. I could do something else that is good for the brain.
14. My brain drifts off to space when I’m writing.
15. It is not exciting.
16. My brain won’t turn to mush like some people say.
17. I could be getting exercise.
18. I was good at school without writing last summer.
19. Summer is supposed to be fun.
20. I DON’T WANT TO WRITE.

3 comments:

  1. Lucas:
    You are such a wonderful writer. I'll bet you enjoy writing, despite your complaints. This is a good way to communicate with people and a good way to express yourself. I loved your little story about "The Shocker." Did you make it up? You have a wonderful imagination.
    I am so happy to be able to read your blog.
    Nonny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good list! BTW, Ben and Alek each have a writing assignment each day - so you're not alone!

    The more you do it, the faster you will get, and the sooner you'll be outside enjoying the beautiful weather and playing with your friends!!

    Keep up the good work - we love reading the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lucas. Great blogs. I like this one because it reminds me of the part of the book, "A Boy in the Girls' Bathroom", when Bradley creates his list of subjects for Carla. I love seeing your personality come through in your writing. That is a definite sign of mature writing. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete